Brinjal Seed Extractor
1. Function : To extract seed from well ripe brinjal
(a) Overall dimension : 500 x 450 x 1000
(L x B x H )
(b) Capacity : 120 kg of fruits per hour
(C) Power required : 1 hp electric motor
3. General Information
The brinjal seed extractor consists of a fruit crushing chamber and a seed separation unit. In the fruit crushing chamber, radially arranged crushing rods crush the fruit into pulp with the addition of water. The pulp is conveyed to the bottom of the seed separation unit. The seed separation unit houses a sieve placed horizontally, seed outlet, agitator, pulp outlet and drain. In the agitator, radial arms are fixed to separate good seeds from the pulp and helps to move the pulp to move to top of the seed separation unit. The good seeds settle on the sieve and collected along with water by opening the valve.
4. Cost of the unit (Approximate) : Rs. Rs.22 500/-.
5. Cost of operation : Rs. 10 /h
6. Salient features
- The extraction of seed of faster than the manual method.
- Water requirement is reduced (3 litre per minute)